My Lifetime Course Rankings 25-21
A working list
I’ve been fortunate through the years to play some pretty great golf courses. I wanted to do a ranking that didn’t include any courses around Portland. I also wanted to include some courses I could complain about.
25) Granite Links (Boston, MA): This is a semi-private course outside of Boston. Beautiful view overlooking the city. I absolutely despise this course. It is the most “small target” golf course I have ever played and it has driven me insane the three times I have played it.
24) TPC Piper Glenn (Charlotte, NC): I played this almost a decade ago and only remember one hole that had a pond down the entire right side, I couldn’t even remember another thing about it.
23) Bar Run (Roseburg, OR): I played the 12-hole preview on my way down to Bandon in March of 2022. I was by myself and flew through the course, it was a shorter course but I really enjoyed it. Highly recommend for people to stop by here on their way down to Bandon.
22) Streamsong Black (Bowling Green, FL): The last course I played on my trip to Streamsong was also the course I played the absolute worst on. I felt the 18th hole, a long par five with a massive sand gulley in front of the green was gimmicky and punitive. I did not have a good time and also wanted to bludgeon one of my playing partners to death. Maybe I need to give it another chance.
21) Pacific Dunes (Bandon, OR): I have played Pacific Dunes three times, one time I got a horrible blister on my heel that made it super painful to walk and play, the second time was in 30-40mph wind gusts, and the last time was in 55mph wind gusts. You had to indent your ball into the green in order for it to not blow away. The sand was coming out of the trap so hard that it was basically sandblasting us. Absolutely brutal, I’d like to play there again under passable circumstances but every time I have played there so far it has been absolutely miserable.
Thanks for reading 20to10handicap ! Subscribe for free to receive new posts and support my work.
What kind of dumbass would play in that shit?